Well guys, I think it's safe to say that I'm officially in the next chapter of this book that I call Nine 16 Designs. What does that mean? I'm here to tell you.
Over the last year, I've gone back and forth with this business. I've changed my mind about a million times about where I want it to go, what I want it to be, and even toyed with the idea of selling it, and just being done. (Twins, man..they take up a lottttttt of time). BUT! I've always come back to the fact that I absolutely love connecting with people and getting to know people. Also, just the general community of owning a small business is something I don't want to leave.
So, let's go over a few things in a nutshell, because I don't want this to drag out and bore you. I want you to know the facts!
- I started Nine 16 Designs as a 'hobby' while we were going through our first round of fertility treatments
- It quickly turned into a full time job for me, as I quit my job as a Diamond Beachbody Coach, and started rocking the Stay at Home Wife gig
- I wanted to help spread the word about infertility, and help those that were going through it - which brought on Project 1:8
- I've worked with several people, companies, other businesses and entrepreneurs to help build my business from the ground up
- I've learned A LOT!
- We got pregnant after our second round of IVF, with TWINS. Nine 16 was put on the back burner, for obvious reasons
- I came back with GOALS, but something just wasn't sitting right with me and the products we were selling
- I researched, compared, Googled, Yahoo'd, talked to other shop owners, read reviews, shopped, tested, shopped, shared, and shopped some more
- That brings us to today...
Over the next couple of weeks, we are going to be transitioning Nine 16 Designs into, simply, Nine 16. We are going to be pulling a significant amount of our products, and adding several new 'boutique style' products. I've teamed up with an amazing company, who puts out some of the cutest stuff (shirts, pants, shoes, jewelry and more!) and I'm going to be sharing about all of it!
Our website will get a bit of an overhaul, our social media names will change, and some of our policies will be adjusted. (Side note: I'm looking for somebody to help us with a completely new logo, and also somebody to help with our website makeover, if this is you, send me a message!)
I'm guessing there are going to be a lot of you that are slightly disappointed, and I get that. We started this business with nothing but infertility awareness in mind, and I did everything I could do to help spread the word, and to help others who were struggling. Here's my message to you: I'm not going anywhere. I'm still going to be here for all of you who are struggling. I've been where you are, and I don't want anybody to ever feel alone in that. Infertility took over my life for far too long, and now, that we have two perfect little babies (thanks to science!), I've decided it's time to move forward not just in my personal life, but in my professional life as well.
Unfortunately, with this change comes some sad news. We will be ending Project 1:8. I was unable to keep up with the paperwork for tax purposes, and it was getting too large for me to just not follow the guidelines per say. In the time since Project 1:8 started, we were able to donate almost $10,000 to couples who needed financial assistance with their fertility treatments. That just makes my heart so happy.
We will still be sharing your stories, spreading awareness, and are looking forward to staying connected with each and every one of you. We hope that you stay on board with us, and support us as we take the step in to the next chapter of our lives.
Stay tuned, because there will be all sorts of new details, and info coming soon!
Here's a sneak peek at a few of my favoritethings that are going to be in our shop!